Make No Bones About It
Sounds pretty simple, right?
Stick some bones in a pot and boil ’em, then give ’em to the dog?
Sure…that’s one option, but why not serve it to yourself?
Homemade bone broth offers the following health benefits:
- It’s rich in proline and glycine (important for a healthy gut and digestion, muscle repair and growth, a balanced nervous system, and strong immune system).
- The gelatin in bone broth can help to heal a leaky gut.
- Also helps to reduce joint pain, inflammation, prevent bone loss, and build healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Bone marrow helps the immune system by carrying oxygen to cells in the body maintaining healthy bones and generating energy.
- Using cartilage-rich bones such as knuckles and chicken feet is said to be effective in treating arthritis and other degenerative joint diseases.
So how do you make it?
It’s as easy, or complex, as you want it to be. Bones, plus water, are the starting point; feel free to add your choice of herbs and spices for even more of a health-boosting bang!