Paleo Sprouts with Turkey, Shallots & Olive Oil
Based on a menu offering from a restaurant I visited recently that was NOT paleo, this version that I made up IS!
While it looked great on the menu, after a little inquiry to the server, I learned that the Roasted Sprouts dish was prepared with butter, soy sauce and even a little bit of flour.
I've also seen this dish prepared with bacon, but since that often contains sodium nitrates, nitrites and is usually very salty, it was easy enough to swap that for some diced turkey, which imparted some nice flavors without the unfortunate additives.
- Pre heat your oven to 450F
- Wash, then slice in half some Brussels Sprouts
- Chop some shallots and dice some leftover turkey breast
- Pour some olive oil into a glass or ceramic baking dish
- Add the shallots and place in oven for about 15 minutes
- Add the sprouts and turkey and cook 15 minutes longer
- Switch the oven to broil and cook, keeping a close eye on it, for 10 – 15 minutes longer, or until cooked to your desired degree of crispness
- Sprinkle on some freshly ground pepper and serve