Achieve Optimal Health with the Paleo Diet
Perhaps you’re looking to lose those stubborn pounds, once and for all. Or, maybe you’re tired of feeling run down with low energy all of the time. Sick of feeling sick? Tired of sleeping poorly and having a less than radiant complexion?
A Paleo diet may be the answer.
Simply put, the Paleo diet — also known as the “caveman diet” or the “paleolithic diet” — is the healthiest, most common sense approach to eating real food that exists today. To consume only those foods that our paleolithic ancestors ate makes sense since the human body evolved on a diet of fresh and plentiful greens and other vegetables, as well as fruits, nuts, seeds, lean meats and poultry, wild fish, and natural, unprocessed fats for nourishment.
Not only does a Paleo diet help one lose weight and gain energy, but it’s also a fantastic way of eating if you’re suffering from any of a host of medical issues, from autoimmune disease to irritable bowel syndrome, from acne to joint pain, and from diabetes to cancer.
We’re not talking about a fad diet here. Thanks to decades of work by Paleo figureheads such as Dr. Loren Cordain, PhD and Dr. S. Boyd Eaton, MD, there’s a lot of science and research behind the Paleo diet.
My Paleo Story
For years, I tried numerous diets and eating plans in my own quest to be as healthy, fit and lean as I could be. I was desperate to discover what could be causing the stomach problems I had suffered with for most of my life, problems that had gone from bad to worse and which had ultimately become unbearable. I wasn’t willing to ‘settle’ any longer.
Even with my degree in Exercise Science and my nutritional background, as well as my years of working as a private fitness trainer and Ironman triathlete, it was not until I had exhausted virtually all other possibilities that I stumbled upon the Paleo diet.
In 2004, I learned that I had a latent allergy to gluten and cut it out entirely. I felt better in a matter of days, but I was looking for more.
Over the next gluten-free year, I began to wonder what else might be in my diet that I had mistakenly thought was healthy. That’s when I learned about eating Paleo foods and how and why humans are not genetically designed to eat grains, legumes, or dairy.
In 2005, I started on a Paleo diet and it’s been one of the best decisions that I’ve ever made. My sleep improved. My energy levels skyrocketed. My training and racing improved tremendously. Even though I wasn’t overweight to begin with, I effortlessly shed more than twenty pounds over the course of a year and reduced my body fat by over 10%. It was almost magical! I’ve stuck with it ever since.
Given the way that I feel today, I can’t imagine ever going back.
Paleo has worked for me. And it will work for you, too.
The Paleo Diet Plan – How it Works
If you’ve come to my website, you’re likely ready to make some lasting, significant changes. Getting started on a Paleo diet should be the first step in your transformation.
What to do if you want to get started today?
- Purchase one of our easy-to-follow six-week Paleo plans.
- Shop for the healthy foods outlined in your newly purchased plan.
- Prepare each meal using our simple-to-follow and incredibly delicious recipes.
- Enjoy the health, vitality, and well being that comes with each Paleo meal!
It’s really as simple as that!
Almost immediately, you’ll begin to notice not so subtle changes in your body and your energy level.
For those currently with diets high in sugars and grains, you may experience a few days of withdrawal symptoms, including nausea, headaches, and general malaise. But rest assured, this is only a temporary phenomenon and you will soon be on your way to greatly improved health and both physical and mental well being.
And for those of who are not already exercising, start moving! At the very least, start walking. Choose an activity that you enjoy so you’ll b able to stick with it.
Which Paleo Plan is Right for You?
Our Paleo plans are uniquely tailored to your particular dietary needs.
If you’re an endurance athlete, cross fitter, expectant mother or bride-to-be, then it’s easy to determine which plan will suit you best.
But what about our calorie-based plans? If counting calories is not a must-do part of Paleo, then why are there calorie-based plans for sale? The answer is that it’s mostly to accommodate those who feel more comfortable counting calories. But it’s also about your current level of exercise.
One easy way to determine how many calories you theoretically need per day is to use the Harris-Benedict equation:
- If you are sedentary (little or no exercise) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.2
- If you are lightly active (light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.375
- If you are moderately active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55
- If you are very active (hard exercise/sports 6-7 days a week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.725
- If you are extra active (very hard exercise/sports & physical job or 2x training) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.9
Keep in mind that this is theoretical, and it is far more important to listen to your body’s natural cues of hunger and satiety in order to know with certainty that you’re eating the proper amount to sustain your healthy lifestyle.
Use one of the calorie based plans as a guideline and then, if you’re still hungry after a meal, pause for 15-20 minutes, drink some water, and if you’re still hungry, eat a little more of each item in a given meal in order to maintain the proper Paleo macro nutrient ratio.
Current plans available include:
- 6-Week Paleo Endurance Plan
- 6-Week Paleo CrossFit Plan
- 4-Week Paleo Kick-Start
- 6-Week, 2,400 KCal/day Paleolithic-Based Eating Plan for Weight Loss & Optimal Health
- 6-Week, 2,200 KCal/day Paleolithic-Based Eating Plan for Weight Loss & Optimal Health
- 6-Week, 2,000 KCal/day Paleolithic-Based Eating Plan for Weight Loss & Optimal Health
- 6-Week, 1,800 KCal/day Paleolithic-Based Eating Plan for Weight Loss & Optimal Health
- 6-Week, 1,600 KCal/day Paleolithic-Based Eating Plan for Weight Loss & Optimal Health
- 6 Weeks Until the Wedding A Bride’s Guide to Lean Out for The Big Day
- Paleo for New Moms Plan
- Paleo In A Pinch (for those who may be traveling)
- Paleo for Kids Plan
- 6-Week Autoimmune Plan
- 6-Week Acne Plan
For a winning approach, purchase one of the above plans along with a one-hour consultation via phone or SKYPE to learn how to custom tailor the Paleo diet plan you purchased to suit your own specific needs.
Click here to get started on your path to feeling and looking great now!