March 2, 2012
Athlete’s Seared Grass Fed Rib Eye
Athlete's Seared Grass Fed Bison Rib Eye
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Meat
Sometimes simplest is best; searing this lovely cut of meat in nothing more than some sea salt (an important part of the Paleo endurance athlete's diet) is all you need. Along with some veggies, of course! If you prefer, add your choice of fresh herbs, such as rosemary or parsley, right before serving.
- 2 6 - 8 oz grass fed bison rib eye
- Sea salt
- Fresh rosemary or parsley, optional.
- Remove steak from refrigerator thirty minutes before you plan to cook it.
- Sprinkle salt in cast iron skillet.
- (Steam or saute your veggies of choice 5 - 10 minutes before you cook steak to ensure proper timing).
- Heat skillet over high flame.
- Add steak and cook roughly two minutes per side for rare.
- Remove from skillet and cover with foil on plate for a few minutes while you plate your veggies.
- Serve meat atop veggies.
- Scatter rosemary or parsley on top, if desired.