August 27, 2012
Athlete’s Yam and Golden Beet Hash
Athlete's Yam and Golden Beet Hash
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Pre/Post Exercise
Serves: 3 -4
Another lovely preparation for a Paleo endurance athlete's starch of choice- the yam!
- 2 large yams, peeled
- 1 large golden beet, peeled
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Salt, to taste
- Using a mandoline, slice peeled yams and beets into matchsticks
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium
- Add yams and beet and saute until browned, roughly five minutes
- Salt to taste, eat...then move!