May 4, 2012
Chicken or Turkey Avocado Apple Wraps – from “Paleoista” as posted on Oprah.com
Chicken or Turkey Avocado and Apple Wraps
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Appetizer
A sneak peak of one of my fave recipes from my book, "Paleoista", as published on Oprah.com! Let's hope this helps "Paleoista" get some O-mentum!
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed, thoroughly rinsed and spun dry
- 1 cup leftover chicken or turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 large apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Sliced cherry tomatoes, optional
- Freshly grated cinnamon, to taste (optional)
- Reserve and set aside 4 large leaves.
- Finely chop the remaining leaves and steam for 2 to 3 minutes, or enjoy raw, if desired.
- Place the whole leaves on work surface
- Layer chicken or turkey, avocado, and apple evenly onto all 4 leaves.
- Top with the chopped leaves.
- Add cherry tomatoes, if desired.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
- Roll each leaf into a burrito shape and enjoy.