August 6, 2013
Coconut Lime Grilled Scallops
|Coconut Lime Grilled Scallops|| |
Recipe type: Main
Author: Nell Stephenson
Serves: 4 - 6
Give this delicious little mollusk a try. Easily grilled outdoors, it's the perfect Paleo protein for a light meal on a hot summer's evening.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped (or more)
- 1 pound scallops
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Melt ½ cup coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Throw in one chopped onion and garlic (use as much as you like) and cook until soft ; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the juice from one freshly squeezed lime
- Place a pound of scallops in a large bowl, and toss with half the mixture.
- Cook on preheated grill for about 4 minutes per side, either on skewers or using a wire grill basket.
- Keep the other half of the oil mixture warm and serve with grilled scallops on top of a bed of greens.