Mama’s “Meaty” Muhammara
My take on a Syrian dish traditionally made with breadcrumbs mixed in, this Paleoista version is just as tasty, if not more so, without the added fillers. Having sauces, relishes or dips such as this on hand in the fridge can be the secret ingredient to making over cold leftover chicken and veggies into a whole new dish! Ingredients
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Aleppo chili
- 3/4 cup cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil
- Roast peppers over an open flame until black on the outside.
- Let sit to cool, then scrape off the blackened areas and remove the seeds.
- Place peppers in a food processor and add all remaining ingredients.
- Pulse to combine and store in glass container in the refrigerator to use with any protein and veggie combination you fancy. Try it with chicken and peppers!
*For more recipes like this, be sure to check out Pocket Paleo Snacks!