Blue Hawaiian Sweet Potato and Maui Onion Hash
One of my favorite things when I head to the Big Island to train or race is to partake of and enjoy the local bounty. Blue sweet potatoes and local onions fit the bill perfectly in this tasty version of hash! Ingredients
- 8 ounces raw Hawaiian blue sweet potatoes (If available. If not, substitute yams.)
- 1 large Maui onion (If available. If not, substitute white onion.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Small bunch chives, minced
- Using a cheese grater, shred raw potato.
- Dice onion.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium.
- Sauté onion until browned, roughly five minutes.
- Add shredded potato and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until .
- Serve on two plates with chives scattered on top.