November 4, 2020
Paleoista’s Easy Braised Short Ribs
Braised Short Ribs
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Paleoista
Delicious and easy, this grass-fed braised short ribs is a hit with the whole family. Double or triple it to make enough for a few days of leftovers to enjoy a second time (or a third!)
- 5 pounds bone-in grass-fed and finished beef short ribs,
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons duck fat or grass fed butter
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 750 ml bottle dry red wine such as Chianti (or use more broth if preferred)
- 1 small bunch Parsley
- 1 small bunch Sage
- 1 small bunch Rosemary
- 1 small bunch Thyme
- 4 cups beef bone broth
- Preheat oven to 300°
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high
- Brown short ribs on all sides, about 3 minutes per side
- Add onions, carrots, and celery to pot and cook over medium until browned, stirring often, until brown and soft, about 5 minutes
- Stir in wine then bring to a simmer lower heat to medium and simmer about 20 minutes
- Add all herbs and broth.
- Cover and place in oven, cooking until short ribs are tender, roughly 3 hours.
- Remove from oven, place on stove top and uncover to cool roughly 10 minutes.
- Serve on top of pureed or mashed cauliflower.