March 31, 2012
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Veggie
A slight hint of sweetness from an orange serves not only to balance out he flavor profile, but allows for a slight caramelization during roasting.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, warmed to liquid state
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more if you like)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Place a baking sheet in the oven to heat
- Mix broccoli, orange juice, oil, garlic and pepper to ensure all florets are coated evenly
- Lay pieces of broccoli flat on baking sheet and cook for ten minutes
- Remove wire rack from oven and place on wire rack to cool for a few minutes before serving.