April 17, 2012
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Starter
If you hate Brussels Sprouts, get ready to change your tune. This preparation is one of my favorites, so much so that I sometimes want it for dessert! The leftovers are even tasty cold!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic (or more) minced
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, washed, halved
- 2 ounces leftover cooked pastured pork tenderloin, diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces raw pecans, optional
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet over medium high.
- Place sprouts in pan, cut side down and cook for two to three minutes. Cook in batches, if need be.
- Remove sprouts from pan and set aside, covered in foil.
- Add garlic to pan, now over medium and cook two to three minutes.
- Add pork, if using, and saute two to three minutes more.
- Place sprouts back in pan and stir to combine.
- Add pepper flakes.
- Place in oven under broiler and cook, five to eight minutes, stirring once or twice, until nicely browned.
- Add black pepper, to taste.
- Scatter pecans on top, if using.