January 1, 2014
Whole Roasted Herbed Coconut Bass
Whole Roasted Coconut Bass
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Main
A Paleo-ized Version of a traditional dish; who needs butter and salt?
- 1 (2½-pound) wild local bass (or similar, depending on what is available)
- Coconut Oil, melted
- 8 lemon slices
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Fresh thyme and oregano, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups dry white wine
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make 3 diagonal slices about ½-inch deep on each side of the fish.
- Douse fish with oil.
- Place lemon slices, bay leaves, some herbs and ½ the garlic cloves inside the body.
- Line baking tray with foil and arrange the remaining assorted herbs, lemon slices and garlic in the center of the tray
- Lay the fish on top.
- Fold the aluminum foil up around the sides of the fish.
- Add white wine and place in the preheated oven and roast until the fish is just cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes.