May 28, 2012
Nelson’s Paleo Gazpacho with Coconut Shrimp
Nelson's Paleo Gazpacho with Coconut Shrimp
Recipe type: Main
Here's an easy and delicious Paleo recipe that a reader made out of odds and ends he found in his fridge. Further evidence that using 'leftovers' needn't be dull or boring; rather, they can create a lovely meal!
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 bulb garlic
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound wild shrimp, shell on
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 small lime, quartered
- Combine first five ingredients in food processor and whiz to combine.
- Heat coconut oil in cast iron skillet.
- Cook shrimp until pink- roughly three minutes.
- Divide tomato mixture in half and place in two bowls.
- Place half the shrimp on top of each.
- Garnish with avocado and lime.