January 12, 2018
Paleoista’s Pasture Fed Pate
|Paleoista's Pate|| |
Recipe type: Protein
Cuisine: Paleo, Keto, Health Booster
Author: Nell Stephenson
Liver is the single most nutrient dense, healthiest organ meat we can eat, yet for many, the thought (or taste) of it can be a turn off. Why not switch to a preparation that's not only easy to make but deliciously easy to eat?
- 2 tablespoons duck fat
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound pasture fed chicken liver
- 2 large egg yolks
- ⅛ tsp Himalayan Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Freshly sliced jicama (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place a shallow pan containing one inch of water on the lowest rack.
- In cast iron skillet, heat duck fat.
- Saute onions over medium until browned, about 5 minutes
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- Place raw liver in mini food processor
- Add egg yolks
- Add onion mixture and salt
- Whiz to combine
- Spoon into ramekins
- Cook 30 minutes
- Check for doneness using wooden stick
- Remove from oven
- Let cool then place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours
- Serve chilled on top of thinly sliced jicama (as shown) or eat with spoon!
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.