May 5, 2014
Author: Nell Stephenson
Recipe type: Appetizer
No need for the butter laden, whisky filled traditional recipe, when you can whip up a batch of this Paleo friendly goodness without the dairy and the grains!
- 4 strips uncured bacon from pastured pork
- 1 pound livers from pastured chickens
- 1 clove garlic, minced (use more if you like)
- 1 cup minced onion
- 4 tbsp chopped parsley
- Olive oil, to taste
- Cook bacon in cast iron skillet. Remove and set aside to drain and cool.
- Add chicken livers in bacon fat and cook until brown and well done.
- Add onion and cook 1 minute more.
- Add garlic and onion and sauté until browned.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Add parsley.
- Put into blender and process on puree till smooth.
- Chop bacon and stir into puree.
- Add olive oil as needed to create your preferred consistency.
- Press into glass loaf pan.