Keep On Drinkin’ That Milk…Really?
A recent article that one of my regular readers sent me a link to an article which discusses the "National Milk Mustache “got milk?®” Campaign along with USA Today, which recognizes 25 outstanding high school senior student athletes who represent excellence in academics, athletics, community service and leadership and include milk in their diets."
It goes on to say that "SAMMY Award winners know that making smart choices like eating right, exercising and drinking lowfat milk will help them stay at the top of their game in the classroom and sports."
Sadly, it does not review that drinking milk will actually:
- help the body create an acidic pH, which in turn will
- help set the stage for osteopenia, and then
- help the body progress to osteoporosis
and, it also can:
- help promote acne
- cause stomach upset
- lead to insulin sensitivity issues
- create excess mucus production, which is always quite attractive, particularly in the form of a runny nose, post-nasal drip and copious amounts of good old phlegm
Think about it. Even before I was Paleo, something didn't quite fit when I thought about eating or drinking dairy products. Humans are the only mammals that:
- consume milk past weaning age
- consume dairy from another mammal
Have you ever seen a stallion drinking milk from a little bitch? (As in, a little, female dog… come one, now…) Exactly.
Click HERE if you'd like to read the whole piece.