Paleo Stuffed (with Spinach, Tomato, Lemon and Garlic!) Pork Tenderloin
'Stuffing' does NOT have to include bread or anything like it!
I prepared a lovely stuffed, pastuered pork tenderloin on Saturday evening, and it was incredibly flavorful!
- Combine sundried tomato, olive oil, fresh garlic, freshly ground black pepper and some lemon zest in a mini prep food processor and whiz til well combined.
- Cut the pork tenderloin almost in half lengthwise, but leave the very side intact, so you can open like a book.
- Pound with meat tenderizer tool to ensure even thickness.
- Spread the tomato mixture on almost the whole surface, then add a large handful of raw spinach.
- Roll up and tie with twine.
- Sear in hot cast iron skillet on each side, then finish in a 350 F oven til term= 160.
- Remove, tent for a few minutes, then slice for presentation.
Here's our meal- we'd swum 5K and ridden 60 miles that AM, and had a century training ride the next morning, followed by a brick run, so we needed our yams!