1-2-3 Cook: Avocado + Egg Over Easy
Avocado Toast is a thing, without a doubt.
But what if you’d rather have something on the lighter side?
Who ever said bread is a must-have, anyway?
Get more bang for your buck in terms of nutrient density by serving this fibrous fat with one of the most perfect proteins: a runny, poached, farm-fresh egg.
Keep your fat burning on high with this one, the latest in my 1-2-3 Cook Series – less than five steps and five ingredients (and often less than three!)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, such as Artisana
- 2 large farm-fresh eggs from pasture-fed hen
- 1 whole ripe organic avocado, halved
- Himalayan Pink Salt Crystals
- Optional: fresh herbs of your choosing
- Heat oil in skillet over medium
- Crack eggs and cook 1 minute, then flip over and turn off heat (or leave as a one-minute egg)
- Gently slide one egg into each avocado half
- Garnish with herbs and salt crystals