October 17, 2011
Another Great Paleo Concoction
One of my blog readers emailed me her version of curried paleo pesto, which sounded so good, I just had to try it myself.
She has kindly agreed to let me share it with you, too….so get ready for some fantastic flavor!
Danielle's Curried Paleo-esto
- 3 cups of baby spinach or any organic greens (a mix of arugula and cress and spinach is really nice)
- 1.5 cups of mixed herbs like fresh basil, cilantro, mint, parsley
- 1.5 cups of raw nuts: walnuts, almonds, macadamia nuts
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 1/4 cup or less of filtered water
- tumeric, curry powder and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- enough olive oil to taste and texture
Combine everything in a good blender and blend until it is the consistency and texture of your liking. (I don't add any oil until after the first lot is blended, then decide if it needs it and how much).
Try it on.. everything! Veggies, mixed with soft boiled eggs, as a dip for crudite… sky's the (paleo) limit!