Bagna Cauli Cauda Recipe
Literally translated as “hot bath,” Bagna Cauda is a dipping sauce is commonly made using a base of butter and served along with fresh bread. Cauliflower, with a taste that can often be rather on the subtle side, makes a great go-to for an ingredient to use when we want to thicken something without adding grain and without compromising the flavor profile too much. Anchovy, garlic and olive oil can still take center stage in this preparation and eating it with veg enables you to keep 100% Paleo while devouring every delicious bite! Ingredients
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 12 anchovy fillets
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped (use more if you like)
- Crudites of your choice, such as radish, celery, carrot, bell pepper and cucumber
- Blend cauliflower, oil, anchovies and garlic in processor until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to heavy medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat 15 minutes, stirring, occasionally.
- Grind pepper on top, to taste.
- Serve with vegetables
Keep cauliflower in mind for Paleoizing other fresh dishes, too, such as in place of garbanzos for hummus or as a base for other dips.