Paleo Recipe Makeover- Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Nell, following is a recipe that I thought you might consider it for your recipe makeovers.
Is there an easy way that you know to butterfly the chicken?
Yes! Butterflying is really easy- click HERE for a post I did last year on the very subject! See below in RED where I've edited in order to PALEO-IZE! Incidentally, it's not that far off to begin with, so doctoring it was easy!
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
4 boneless chicken breasts
5 oz fresh spinach- chopped
2 red ripe tomatoes- chopped
1/2 yellow onion- chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
Lawry's Seasoned Pepper USE Paprika (unless you follow the auto immune plan), Turmeric, Dried (Salt & Additive-Free) Onion & Garlic Powders instead- as these are the spices used in Lawry's blend (See below)
Reduced fat feta cheese JUST SKIP IT!
1. Flatten and butterfly chicken breasts and season both sides with Lawry's Seasoned Pepper- be careful not to add too much
2. Brown chicken and cook until no longer pink
3. While chicken is cooking, in a second pan add olive oil and heat. Add spinach, tomatoes, onion and garlic and sautee until hot
4. Spoon spinach mixture into chicken breasts and then sprinkle with feta cheese
5. Close chicken breast and cook 1 min on each side
(Ingredients in Lawry's Seasoned Salt: Salt, Sugar, Spices Including Paprika and Turmeric, Onion, Cornstarch, Garlic, Tricalcium Phosphate (Prevents Caking), Paprika Oleoresin (For Color), Natural Flavor, Soy Lecithin. Contains NO M.S.G.)